Is that they often don’t work. This photo of my mobile phone’s screen was taken around two and a half hours after a powerful bomb rocked Nugegoda, a suburb in Colombo, killing around 17 and injured over 30. It was Sri Lanka’s second bomb for the day. I live around 3 minutes away from the […]
Tag Archives: emergencies
The thoughts and ideas herein are my own and do not, in any way, unless expressly noted, represent the views of any organisation I am affiliated with, including, but not limited to the ICT4Peace Foundation and the Centre for Policy Alternatives.
- RT @Info_Activism: On Tomnod scour satellite images in a crowdsourced effort to help locate #MH370 tomnod.com/nod/challenge/… 2 hours ago
- Essential reading | Why the World Needs OpenStreetMap blog.emacsen.net/blog/2014/01/0… #gis #mapping 2 hours ago
- RT @the_intercept: RT @ggreenwald: Full video of the Edward Snowden event today at SXSW with ACLU's @benwizner & @csoghoian https://t.co/… 7 hours ago
- How to Reconcile Big Data and Privacy blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/2… #Bigdata 3 days ago
- Because "Africa" doesn't yet access Facebook, according to @washingtonpost… | Africa, you will have Facebook washingtonpost.com/business/econo… #fail 3 days ago