ISCRAM plans to hold a special session on Improving ICT Use in Crisis Management and Peacebuilding at the 6th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (ISCRAM 2009) from May 10-13 2009 in Göteborg, Sweden.
Download the Call for Papers for this special session here.
Topics for the papers could be on any of the following:
- raising awareness on the use and contribution of ICT to peace-building and crisis management
- best practices of ICT use in peace-building and crisis management
- the importance of open standards and interoperability in the application of ICT in peace-building and crisis management
- the integration of ICT in UN operations
- training in ICT for peacebuilders and peacekeepers
- improved cooperation, collaboration and leadership amongst all relevant stakeholders
- ICT mechanisms to foster trust between civilian groups and the military, and to improve cooperation between business, humanitarian and peacekeeping groups
- partnerships with business to ensure secure, sustainable and current ICT solutions based on open standards and commercially available solutions (and not tied to a certain provider / manufacturer).
Type of contribution
Each session should allow academic and practitioner contributions
- Academic contribution: we invite researchers from academia or research labs to present their research or research-in-progress papers. Prospective presenters submit a regular research (or research-in-progress) paper.
- Practitioner contribution: we invite practitioners to present their practice or experiences in information systems development, use or needs. Prospective presenters submit a short practitioner paper or a Powerpoint presentation along with an abstract.