A very brief presentation I gave to representatives from UN agencies in NY recently on how the web, mashups, mobiles and other technologies that facilitate rapid information generation from the ground is changing the game in how they first know about and subsequently react to crises and emergencies.
The thoughts and ideas herein are my own and do not, in any way, unless expressly noted, represent the views of any organisation I am affiliated with, including, but not limited to the ICT4Peace Foundation and the Centre for Policy Alternatives.
- RT @GHhub: ICCM 2016, Manila, Philippines: Video message from ICT4Peace Foundation bit.ly/2dlEdOd @ict4peace @GHhub #conferences #… 12 hours ago
- RT @DirkHelbing: A New Paradigm for World Peace Is Possible!! #BuildPeace conference PDF bit.ly/2dh36OY Video https://t.co/g2B3Xi… 1 day ago
- Supported by the Foundation, as part of a long standing interest in the ethical use of #UAVs for peace, media, aid. twitter.com/sanjanah/statu… 2 days ago
- @CrisisMappers #ICCM 2016 in #Manila: Video message from #ICT4Peace Foundation ict4peace.org/iccm-2016-mani… Video at youtu.be/_fDtg_NdRqE 2 days ago
- RT @howtobuildpeace: Please help us by answering this very short survey on the EU's peacebuilding work and please RT/share widely! Thx http… 6 days ago