Al Jazeera’s path-breaking The Listening Post programme looks at enduring challenges facing media freedom in Sri Lanka. The Sri Lankan media war continues critically looks at the video broadcast by Channel 4, the sentencing of journalist J.S. Tissainayagam and the continued violence against independent media. This programme features at the end very short submissions made by one of Sri Lanka’s leading bloggers, Indi Samarajiva, and myself.
The thoughts and ideas herein are my own and do not, in any way, unless expressly noted, represent the views of any organisation I am affiliated with, including, but not limited to the ICT4Peace Foundation and the Centre for Policy Alternatives.
- RT @kamalakkannan: Can #drones make a society more #transparent? opensocietyfoundations.org/voices/can-dro… @OpenSociety 2 hours ago
- RT @smriti_daniel: You want to watch this great series on media by @AJListeningPost bit.ly/2mOpSOH 1 day ago
- RT @NewspaperWorld: To slow the spread of false stories on WhatsApp, this Colombian news site is enlisting its own readers https://t.co/YBk… 2 days ago
- Searching for signs of extremism on the web: an introduction to Sentiment-based Identification of Radical Authors tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.108… 1 week ago
- How algorithms can help beat Islamic State wsj.com/articles/how-a… via @WSJOpinion 1 week ago