Al Jazeera’s path-breaking The Listening Post programme looks at enduring challenges facing media freedom in Sri Lanka. The Sri Lankan media war continues critically looks at the video broadcast by Channel 4, the sentencing of journalist J.S. Tissainayagam and the continued violence against independent media. This programme features at the end very short submissions made by one of Sri Lanka’s leading bloggers, Indi Samarajiva, and myself.
The thoughts and ideas herein are my own and do not, in any way, unless expressly noted, represent the views of any organisation I am affiliated with, including, but not limited to the ICT4Peace Foundation and the Centre for Policy Alternatives.
- RT @DirkHelbing: A New Paradigm for World Peace Is Possible!! #BuildPeace conference PDF bit.ly/2dh36OY Video https://t.co/g2B3Xi… 22 hours ago
- Supported by the Foundation, as part of a long standing interest in the ethical use of #UAVs for peace, media, aid. twitter.com/sanjanah/statu… 1 day ago
- @CrisisMappers #ICCM 2016 in #Manila: Video message from #ICT4Peace Foundation ict4peace.org/iccm-2016-mani… Video at youtu.be/_fDtg_NdRqE 2 days ago
- RT @howtobuildpeace: Please help us by answering this very short survey on the EU's peacebuilding work and please RT/share widely! Thx http… 5 days ago
- International Governance for Peace and Security in Cyberspace ict4peace.org/international-… #ICT4Peace #cybersecurity @DStauffacher 1 week ago