From Gizmodo comes a pointer to this interesting visualisation of the size and nature of the mobile web.
Click image for higher resolution version. Amongst other interesting points,
- Google dominates mobile search.
- Nokia and Symbian (which I detest) dominate smartphone sales and mobile OS platforms respectively.
- Unsurprisingly, the iPhone dominates the mobile web in the US.
- 29% only use their mobile devices to access the web.
- 4 billion mobile phones already out there. The number of those who can access a mobile phone is larger.
- Facebook, surprisingly, is not amongst the top visited mobile websites.
- SMS is the most used communications tool in the world, by passing email by over 2 billion users.