Presentation delivered today at Open Edit, held at Park Street Mews, Colombo. A lively discussion ensued focussed around the politics of exclusion, power, the nature of corporate ownership over archived web content, questions over the nature of access, retention, formats, fundamental questions over the right to be forgotten and the interest of some to not be tracked, traced or archived versus what is today a transnational, pervasive surveillance architecture.
The thoughts and ideas herein are my own and do not, in any way, unless expressly noted, represent the views of any organisation I am affiliated with, including, but not limited to the ICT4Peace Foundation and the Centre for Policy Alternatives.
- OpenStreetView is a crowd-sourced Google Street View betanews.com/2016/08/26/ope… 23 hours ago
- Microsoft announces new resources to reduce hate speech techcrunch.com/2016/08/26/mic… #hatespeech 23 hours ago
- iPhone Users Urged to Update Software After Security Flaws Are Found nytimes.com/2016/08/26/tec… via @nytimes #security #digisec #privacy 1 day ago
- PSA via #WhatsApp FAQ: How do I choose not to share my account information with Facebook whatsapp.com/faq/en/general… #privacy 1 day ago
- RT @howtobuildpeace: LAST CHANCE to join us for Build Peace 2016, Sept 9 - 11 at #ETHZurich. Ticket sales close August 26, get yours now: h… 5 days ago