Is that they often don’t work. This photo of my mobile phone’s screen was taken around two and a half hours after a powerful bomb rocked Nugegoda, a suburb in Colombo, killing around 17 and injured over 30. It was Sri Lanka’s second bomb for the day. I live around 3 minutes away from the
The thoughts and ideas herein are my own and do not, in any way, unless expressly noted, represent the views of any organisation I am affiliated with, including, but not limited to the ICT4Peace Foundation and the Centre for Policy Alternatives.
- Technology in Parliament: Opening Pandora’s Box or enabling citizens?
- Technology in constitutional reform: Central or peripheral to substance and process?
- Peacekeepers in the Sky: The Use of Unmanned Unarmed Aerial Vehicles for Peacekeeping
- Social media and elections: Sri Lanka’s Parliamentary Election, August 2015
- Code4Good: Using ICTs for social good in Sri Lanka
- #ICT4Peace Cybersecurity Policy and Diplomacy Workshop for ASEAN countries in Singapore ict4peace.org/ict4peace-cybe… #cybersecurity 1 day ago
- Twitter Has A 136-Page Handbook For Politicians And It's Hilarious npr.org/sections/itsal… 1 week ago
- #ICT4Peace welcomes 'Guidance for incorporating big data into humanitarian operations' by @UNOCHA ict4peace.org/guidance-for-i… #OpenData #BigData 1 week ago
- #ICT4Peace: Smart Use of ICT, the Internet and Universal Access Imperative for Successful Implementation of the #SDGs ict4peace.org/ict4peace-smar… 1 week ago
- Presentation by #ICT4Peace to UNGA Sustainable Development Summit cl.ly/dMse Video at webtv.un.org/watch/building… (2:03:02 onwards) 1 week ago