The latest issue of Peace IT!, a journal for conflict and crisis management professionals published by the Crisis Management Initiative (CMI) is out and can be downloaded here. The journal explores how ICTs can be used effectively to prevent, manage and resolve crisis to the benefit of peace and security.
This issue features an article on ICT4Peace I wrote in my capacity as Special Advisor to the ICT4Peace Foundation on the launch of ICT4Peace: An International Process for Conflict Management at the United Nations, New York, on 15th November 2007.
Related articles and posts
On ICT4Peace launch at the UN in New York:
- Launch of ICT4Peace process at United Nations, New York – A Concept Note
- ICT4Peace: “Strategic use of ICT for Crisis Management” – High-Level Working Lunch, 15th November 2007
- Statement of Martti Ahtisaari, former President of Finland at ICT4Peace launch, United Nations, New York
On Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Response using ICT
On Humanitarian FOSS:
- Emergency response information systems: emerging trends and technologies: Open source software for disaster management
- Open Source Disaster Recovery: Case Studies of networked collaboration
- Community based, community driven disaster and humanitarian response
- Real world example of short message driven relief work and needs assessments