Following up my previous post (Myanmar: The urgent need for communications and collaboration) I’ve been fairly skeptical at best about the “right / responsibility to protect” doctrine of the UN. It sounds like a great idea, but in practice is fraught with the dangers of abuse leave aside the legacy of such interventions for government, NGOs and […]
Tag Archives: Right to Protect
The thoughts and ideas herein are my own and do not, in any way, unless expressly noted, represent the views of any organisation I am affiliated with, including, but not limited to the ICT4Peace Foundation and the Centre for Policy Alternatives.
- #ICT4Peace honoured to present at #UNGA consultations on #WSIS10 @UNDESA #AskWSIS10 Watch live at bit.ly/1NuidMR @UN @UN_CITO 4 hours ago
- Based on convo's with @SWiharta from @ChallengesForum | ICT4Peace on Strategic Communications in UN Peace Operations ict4peace.org/ict4peace-on-s… 15 hours ago
- #ICT4Peace on Strategic Communications in @UN #Peace Operations ict4peace.org/ict4peace-on-s… #CiM #peacekeeping @USIP @UNPeacekeeping @UN_CITO 15 hours ago
- How to stop ISIS & at same time protect #FoE? | Google warns of "viral moment" for ISIS on social media fortune.com/2015/06/24/goo… #terrorism 3 days ago
- Strategic Communications for a New Era of U.N. Peace Operations usip.org/events/strateg… #CiM #peacekeeping 1 week ago